Friday, January 20, 2006

 
See that blue bag? My husband gave it to me for Chrimma and I use it as a diaper bag. Before that, I was using a ridiculously strappy backback. It looked like I was a serious contenter for climbing Everest. Also, the straps had deadly potential for whacking people in the face everytime I put it on. It was useful for a time--in NYC it was good to be hands-free so that I could push my dauther's stroller while carrying my daily groceries (or whatever) homeward.

However, now I am in soccer-mom country where everyone drives and hands-fee is not a priority anymore. When I saw this bag at a Bazaar at Michael's work, I loved it. I also loved that it was hand-made. (Ok, I have to admit that I did say, as per usual, "that's so easy to make. I could do that...." But would I? that's always the gamble, in'nit?) Anywho, I decided to toss the dice and make one of my own. It's really simple and admittedly not as cute as "Old Bluey", but I had these fabric scraps and trim laying around and the bag was, like $2.00 at Michael's. I can see how one could really turn a profit on this if one really wanted to. Alas, I'm too flighty when it comes to craftiness to turn a profit. I dub this project: Good thing to try once.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?