Monday, July 10, 2006

 

Ignoring the Experts


I finished this crib bumper a long time ago. In fact, I was still preggers with #2 when it got done. Wasn't sure if we were expecting a girl or a boy at that point. All I knew is this baby was gonna be huge. And to keep my mind off my monster belly (and heartburn, sciatica, and gerneral miserable-ness) I decided to jazz up this plain, boring bumper.
I bought it at IKEA in white with just that in mind, actually. Fundamentally, I am against crib bumpers. In fact "people who should know" say that all that stuff we parents spend way too much money can be pretty dangerous. The experts say bumpers and quilts, etc are all potential smothering hazards (what isn't, I ask you?)
However, Franny used it for awhile when she got older b/c she kept getting her beefy gams tangled up in the slats which would promptly jolt her from a slumber. And that just won't do--never awaken a sleeping child, for heaven's sake, is my motto.
So, before we passed it down to Ellie, I wanted to make it prettier and this is what I came up with. I am quite happy with the results.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?