Wednesday, November 29, 2006

 

Lions, and Tigers and Bears, Oh My! or Christmas Crafting Begins


Aren't they cute? Well, they sure look different than I imagined them to look, but I guess they are OK. Since they're a gift, I don't expect any complaints. If I never see them again, I guess that'll tell me. The proof of this pudding is in the wearing, I guess you could say. They are made of a sweater that I felted and then I needle felted the lion's fur and embellished with embroidery. I sewed some leather soles on so the little tyke dosen't take a needless spill and did some blanket stitching around the edges. I think I may add some elastic around the cuff, too. If this little guy is anything like my kids, he'll be tugging at these things like crazy. I'm not so sure they look like lions, but at least they don't look like mice anymore. That was what MG implied upon the first go 'round. That was before all the improvements, of course.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?