Wednesday, January 24, 2007

 

So Cozy


Mom made it for me! It was a Christmas gift fashioned from her formerly favorite sweater, and now it's keeping my mug cozy. That's pretty great when you're obliged to abandon your cuppa joe to fish a tissue out of E's mouth or to "hep, Mama" with a Franny craft of some sort.
Anyway, I'm adding this b/c I thought it was a fantastic idea. Namely, it was my idea! Ha, that's right, my creative mother took a cue from me. The thing is, the way she executed it was waaaay better than I had thought in my head. Though it was a quick make, mine would've probably been more,well, slapped together. Mother, on the other hand, lined hers. Also, there is a bead detail added at the top. She always knows how to top me.
I have to keep it in mind, b/c lining is such a simple touch, but makes everything oh, so nice. The hot water bottle covers would totally have been great lined. Sigh. Oh mother...

Labels: , ,


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?