Friday, February 09, 2007

 

Birthday Boys and Some Extra Thoughts

Made some presies for the birthday boys I know. For some reason, red + motor vehicles was a big trend for me. The little crown is for my nephew Braidon. I'm sure it stayed on for, like 3 seconds (he's a quick, wiry little one year old!), but maybe for birthdays to come.
I zipped the card together, too using the scraps. Love that quick card thing.
I totally shamlessly lifted these ideas from two places: first, Soule Mama's blog (she writes one of my very favoritest crafty blogs--this woman is amazing! I don't know how she does it all with three unschooled kids. That's my inspiriation, really, to stay creative and productive myself while unschooling my kids--a few years from now.
Anyway, lots of the stuff she makes me want to bite my fist at how cute/creative it is. And makes me remember when I'm feeling stressed b/c I haven't had time to make anything, much less shower, that this creative life with children is a dance, really. Creating with your kids--not despite them. Using the time and space you have now and being OK with that. Also, taking what you can get and choosing to be satisfied. Yes, choosing satisfaction.

Anyway, off the tangent and back to the point. The 2nd source of inspiration/idea stealing is from Jenny Hart's Sublime Stitching.
Yay. Happy Birthday, boys!

Labels:


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?