Tuesday, February 27, 2007

 

Kickin' It Up a Notch--It's Official, Papa Can Do Anything!



Well, this is the fruit of our visit to my parents' for the week. Though they are only half finished, these little pieces represent a week's worth of "papa's" hard work. While we were inside sewing, crafting and playing, we heard the sound of sanding, hammering and drilling (oh, and loud, LOUD talk radio.) You see, Papa was busy restoring these pieces to their former glory--and even better. The little cabinet was a Christmas gift to the girls. It had to be refinished and now "Memsie" wants to pain on it. It'll be so cute holding Franny's tea set and other sundry items. It's so special b/c she used to play with it when she was a little girl--and her grandfather made it for her. Watching our girls play with it will really be a joy.
The other piece was an oven that Dad made for me. When I saw this from Land of Nod, I got the great idea that Dad should re-do it for the kids. (umm..let's be serious...i'm not spending more on a toy than my actual kitchen appliances cost! yikes!) Though I couldn't really imagine what all would be involved, my Dearest Dad threw himself into the project. It will be complete with fixtures, a little sink and everything. It's gonna be fab! My dad is awesome! Now if I can just get Frances to wait until the're finished--she keeps asking to "cook now, Mom..."

Labels: ,


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?